Published on December 6th, 2011 | by CodCom
Modern Warfare 3 – What’s Been Patched & Updated so Far
One of my biggest complaints about the updates in Modern Warfare 3 (the irony) was the fact that there was no way for anyone to see what was patched and updated. All we could do is look at Robert Bowling’s Twitter stream and see if we could find updates he mentioned in his tweets.
With Black Ops, seeing what was updated was easy. There was a dedicated forum thread for each platform on the Call of Duty forum and whenever an update took place, the thread was updated and we mentioned it on our website.
It looks like we’ll be seeing something similar for Modern Warfare 3. Earlier today Robert Bowling created a forum thread with all the updates and fixes that took place in Modern Warfare 3 so far. It’s not quite the same as the one Treyarch had, but it’s a damn good begin. Sooner or later, we’ll have a place where we can find all the updates for Modern Warfare 3 in 1 centralized place. For now, we have to accept what we have and deal with it.
This is what’s been patched and fixed so far:
- Title Update 1: Enabled Theater, Vault, Private Match options, Elite and Facebook functionality for Launch Day.
- Title Update 2: Fix for YouTube video upload on SD TVs. Matchmaking Improvements.
- Title Update 3: Theater Improvements (Fix to FF and RW in Theater), LAG improvements, Improvements to Hot Fix system.
- Title Update 4: Change to address hitching and lag in gameplay.
- Title Update 5: Further improvements for hitching and addressing lag in gameplay.
Hot Fix Updates
- No Recoil glitch
- Infinite Laptop killstreak glitch (Stealth Bomber Glitch)
- Map Exploits (Getting into trucks, under maps) Fix
- Prevent Slow-mo and Super Fast lobbies
Re-balancing and Updates currently in Development (TU6)
- Additional improvements to address lag.
- Fix for Melee Jump.
- Clan Tag Validation (remove buttons from clan tags).
- Improve Host Migration logic.
- Prevent stat Loss.
Hot Fixes after Title Update 6
- Weapon Rebalancing (Dual FMG-9, Type-95, CM-901 Attachments)
- Hitmarker Sound on PlayStation 3
- Reticle fix for certain weapons.
Community feedback currently in discussion
- Updates to the Spawn system
- Further “lag compensation” or “host advantage / disadvantage” updates plus ability for on-going hot fixes based on feedback.
- Default :30 Round Start timer for System Link only, while looking into adjustable timer for System Link games for Competitive Play.
- Options to allow System Link players to ‘unlock all’ for competitive play in System Link only.