Published on June 1st, 2011 | by CodCom
Modern Warfare 3 Multiplayer Details Leaked
It looks like 1 or multiple anonymous sources love to speak to Kotaku personal about some of Modern Warfare 3‘s details. First an anonymous source shared a huge amount of information about Modern Warfare 3. Some of these details included information about the Spec Ops mode.
The previous source leaked some information about the multiplayer mode and this time Kotaku got some additional information for us. They managed to get their hands on some of perks and killstreaks that’ll available in Modern Warfare 3‘s multiplayer mode. According to that information, we’ll be seeing something new in Modern Warfare 3, team perks. But Robert Bowling tells us there won’t be “team perks” in Modern Warfare 3.
Kotaku categorized the following 4 perks as “team perks”, but since there won’t be such perks, we’ll assume these are just regular good ol’ perks:
- Stopping Power: Increased bullet damage (not sure why this is here. It’s confirmed Stopping Power won’t be in Modern Warfare 3).
- Blast Shield: Details unknown.
- Health Regen: Regenerate health over time.
- Stun Protection: Prevent stunning from flash grenades.
Some of the perks you can expect in Modern Warfare 3′s multiplayer mode:
- Blind Eye – Immune to killstreaks. Pro version speeds up lock-on and gives you extra bullet damage to vehicles.
- Assassin - Immune to UAV, thermal, and heartbeat sensors.
- Point Guard – Every two assists count as a point towards your killstreak.
- Dead Silence – Your character makes no noise.
- Recon - Details unknown.
Robert Bowling also said that we won’t be seeing Stopping Power, One Man Army (OMA) and Commando make their return in Modern Warfare 3.
We’ve also got a list of killstreaks for you. These are some of the killstreaks, not all of them:
- EMP Grenade – takes out all electronics in an area
- Littlebird - A remote-controlled miniature helicopter
- Precision Airstrike – Calls in an airstrike on a specific area
- Stealth Bomber – A B2 Spirit swoops in and carpet bombs in a line
- Remote Turret – A turret that can be controlled remotely by the player
- Directional UAV - A UAV that can scan designated areas
- Remote Mortar – Direct a mortar team via a top-down camera
- Airdrop Trap - A booby-trapped airdrop
- Ammo Resupply – Airdrop that supplies ammunition
- Escort Airdrop – Protected airdrop
- Specialist Strike Package – Details unknown
Like we just mentioned. After many complaints about Modern Warfare 2’s 25 killstreak, Infinity Ward & Sledgehammer Games have decided not to include the Tactical Nuke in Modern Warfare 3.
Keep in mind that the information above comes from an anonymous source and we’re still 5 months removed from the official release of Modern Warfare 3, so anything can change between now and then.