Close
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Black Ops 2 Multiplayer Thread, Beginner's Guide to Unlocking Camo in Black Ops 2; Camo has always been something to aim for in the Call of Duty series. You find a gun you work ...
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 146
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class5000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocialYour first Group
    Awards:
    Downloads
    Level

Beginner's Guide to Unlocking Camo

Camo has always been something to aim for in the Call of Duty series. You find a gun you work well with and you show just how good you are with it by dressing it up with some nice camo. Be it your favorite SMG or your best Sniper Rifle, you'd go for the challenges to get that gold camo.

Black Ops 2 takes it up a notch by giving us the prestigious "Diamond" camo. To unlock the Diamond camo for your weapon of choice, it's going to take a bit of time. You have to unlock the Gold camo for all the other weapons in that class.

Take my Assault Shield for instance.

Beginner's Guide to Unlocking Camo-custom-classes-call-of-duty-elite.jpg

As you can see it has the Diamond camo on it. In order for me to have obtained it, I had to get gold on my Knife, Ballistic Knife, and Crossbow on top of the Assault Shield. Each of those weapons had specific challenges to complete to unlock the camouflages. Complete the challenges, unlock the camouflages, and once you do that for each class, you get the Diamond automatically.

It's the same for the Assault Rifles, SMG's, Sniper Rifles, LMG's, Launchers, Pistols, etc.

The guns basically require the same challenges to be completed. You need to unlock the Typhon Camo in order to be able to unlock the "Special" camos.

Assault Rifles and SMG's require:

Typhon Camo: 100 Head Shots with the weapon. This just means aim for the head.
    Carbon Fiber: Get 30 Revenge Medals with the weapon. Kill the person that killed you last, 30 times. (The Assault Rifles require 10 Longshots. [Killing enemies at a distance.] Courtesy of VensorTheExiled.)
    Cherry Blossom: Get 150 Kills with no Attachments. Just as it says, 150 kills with a stock weapon.
    Art of War: Get 150 Kills with no perks equipped. 150 kills with no perks.
    Ronin: Get 20 Double Kill Medals with the weapon. Kill two enemies in rapid succession 20 times. (Does not count with triple or quad kills.)
    Skulls: Get 10 Blood Thirsty Medals using only the weapon. Get 5 kills without dying, without the aid of scorestreaks. (You can still have them on, just don't use them until after you get the medal.)
    Gold: Complete all other camo unlocks. Get every other camo available for the weapon.
    Diamond: Get Gold on all the weapons in the class. Every gun in the specific class must have Gold camo unlocked. (Once you complete the Gold unlock for the last weapon in the class, it will automatically unlock with the Gold camo.)

Shotguns:

Typhon: Get 250 One Hit Kills with the weapon. You have to kill an enemy with one shot, get in close to them.
    Carbon Fiber: Get 30 Revenge Medalswith the weapon. Kill the person that killed you last, 30 times.
    Cherry Blossom: Get 50 kills with no attachments. Just as it says, 50 kills with a stock weapon.
    Art of War: Get 50 Kills with no perks equipped. 50 kills with no perks using the weapon.
    Ronin: Get 5 Double Kill Medals with the weapon. Kill two enemies in rapid succession 5 times. (Does not count with triple or quad kills.)
    Skulls: Get 10 Blood Thirsty Medals using only the weapon. Get 5 kills without dying, without the aid of scorestreaks. (You can still have them on, just don't use them until after you get the medal.
    Gold: Complete all other camo unlocks. Get every other camo available for the weapon.
    Diamond: Get Gold on all the weapons in the class. Every gun in the specific class must have Gold camo unlocked. (Once you complete the Gold unlock for the last weapon in the class, it will automatically unlock with the Gold camo.)

LMG's

Typhon: Get 100 head shots with the weapon. Again, aim for the head.
    Carbon Fiber: Get 30 Revenge Medalswith the weapon. Kill the person that killed you last, 30 times.
    Cherry Blossom: Get 150 Kills with no Attachments. Again, 150 kills, no weapon attachments.
    Art of War: Get 150 Kills with no Perks equipped. 150 kills with no perks using the weapon.
    Ronin: Get 5 double kill medals with the weapon. Kill two enemies in rapid succession 5 times. (Does not count with triple or quad kills.)
    Skulls: Get 10 Blood Thirsty Medals with the weapon. Get 5 kills without dying, without the aid of scorestreaks. (You can still have them on, just don't use them until after you get the medal.

Sniper Rifles:

Typhon: Get 250 One Shot/One Kill Medals with the weapon. Take down the enemy with only one bullet 250 times. (Head shots do count, if you can't do that, try Hardcore.)
    Carbon Fiber: Get 10 Long Shot Medals with the weapon. Kill the enemy at a distance 10 times.
    Cherry Blossom: Get 50 Kills with the weapon with no attachments. Same thing, no attachments.
    Art of War:
    Get 50 Kills with the weapon with no Perks equipped. Again, no perks allowed.
    Ronin:
    Get 5 Double Kill Medal with the weapon. Again, two kills in rapid succession.
    Skulls:
    Get 10 Blood Thirsty Medals with the weapon. Use only the weapon to get 5 kills without dying.
    Gold:
    Complete all other camo unlocks. Get every other camo for the weapon.

Assault Shield:

Typhon: Get 100 kills with the Assault Shield. Simple, just kill 100 people with the shield bash.
    Carbon Fiber: Get 1000 points from blocking enemy fire. Naturally enemies will shoot at you, just block it.
    Cherry Blossom: Get 25 Hatchet kills while holding the Assault Shield. Equip the Combat Axe and heave away 25 times while holding the shield. (Fast hands works great here.)
    Art of War:
    Get 25 Shield Bash Medals by killing the person shooting at you. Easy enough, just bash the guy shooting you.
    Ronin: Get 25 kills with no perks equipped. Again, remove all the perks and bash away.
    Skulls:
    Get 25 kills with no weapons equipped. Remove any secondary, lethal, or non lethal grenades and bash away.
    Gold:
    Complete all other camo unlocks. Again, unlock every other camo.
    Diamond: Get Gold on all the weapons in the class. The special class. This includes the Assault Shield, Ballistic Knife, Crossbow, and Knife.

Ballistic Knife:

Typhon: Get 300 Kills with the Ballistic Knife. Counts both with stabbing and shooting.
    Carbon Fiber: Get 5 Revenge Medals using the Ballistic Knife. Kill the guy that killed you last 5 times with the Ballistic Knife.
    Cherry Blossom: Get 25 Melee Kills with the Ballistic Knife. Simple, stab 25 enemies.
    Art of War:
    Get 25 Kills with retrieved Ballistic Knife Blades. Empty your knife "clip" into the ground in front of you, collect all the knives, and go do what you do best. Scavenger does NOT work here.
    Ronin:
    Get 1 Double Kill Medal with the Ballistic Knife. Two kills in rapid succession. (Triple or Quad kills don't count.)
    Skulls:
    Get 2 Blood Thirsty Medals with only the Ballistic Knife. Kill 5 enemies without dying 2 times using just the Ballistic Knife. (Melee or Shooting works.)
    Gold:
    Complete all other camo unlocks.
    Diamond: Get Gold on all the weapons in the class. The special class. This includes the Assault Shield, Ballistic Knife, Crossbow, and Knife.

Crossbow:

Typhon: Get 300 Kills with the Crossbow. This ones tough, the blast radius is small, so stick them.
    Carbon Fiber: Get 1 Double Kill Medal with the Crossbow. For this you'll just have to rely on luck.
    Cherry Blossom: Get 5 Revenge Medals with the Crossbow. Kill the guy that killed you last 5 times.
    Art of War:
    Get 1 Kill from a car using the Crossbow. Definitely the hardest. Just camp by a car, blow it up, and hope to kill someone.
    Ronin:
    Get 1 Blood Thirsty Medal with only the Crossbow. Scavenger is your best friend, kill 5 people without dying.
    Skulls:
    Get a kill with every round in a clip from your Crossbow. Tri-Bolt is best for this, stick someone with all three and it will count.
    Gold:
    Complete all camo unlocks for the Crossbow. As per usual, unlock all other camo.

Knife:

Typhon: Get 200 kills with held Combat Knife. You have to be holding the knife and melee with it, not while holding a gun.
    Carbon Fiber: Knife 10 enemies in the back. Self explanatory.
    Cherry Blossom: Get 5 survivor Medals with the Combat Knife. Kill the person/s shooting at you to earn a Survivor Medal 5 times.
    Art of War:
    Earn 5 revenge medals with the Combat Knife. Kill the person who killed you last, 5 times.
    Ronin:
    Kill 5 enemies using their own weapons after killing them with the Combat Knife. This one is tricky. Kill an enemy, take their gun, (Hang around that area, they usually come back for revenge.) and kill them with their gun.
    Skulls:
    Get 5 Blood Thirsty Medals using only the Combat Knife. Knife 5 enemies without dying 5 times.
    Gold:
    Complete all other camo unlocks. Same as before.

Pistols:

Typhon: Get 100 Head Shots using the pistol. Aim for the head, always the head. Make that a habbit, enemies die quicker anyways.
    Carbon Fiber: Couldn't locate this one, personally haven't unlocked the camos for pistols yet.
    Cherry Blossom: Get 150 kills with no attachments. Remove all the attachments on the gun and get 150 kills.
    Art of War: Get 150 kills with no Perks equipped.Run around naked, with no perks, and get 150 kills.
    Ronin:
    Get 20 Double Kill Medals with the Pistol. Same as before, two kills in rapid succession. (Does not count with Triple or Quad Kills.)
    Skulls:
    Get 10 Blood Thirsty Medals with only the Pistol. 5 kills without dying using only a pistol. (You can still have scorestreaks on, just don't use them until after you get the medal.)
    Gold:
    Complete all other camo unlocks.

Launchers:
    Courtesy of SupeR WH1tE & Umbaga

Typhon: Destroy 100 aircraft using the weapon. Shoot down UAV's, Choppers, etc. (The RPG just requires 100 Kills.)
    Carbon Fiber: Get 10 Impact Kills with the weapon. Kill 10 people by hitting them directly. (The FHJ - 18 requires you to shoot down any 10 aircraft within 5 seconds of them being called into the game.)
    Cherry Blossom: Destroy 5 aircraft in a single game with the weapon. Might be tricky, but just shoot down any 5 UAV's, Choppers, etc, in one match. (Ground War works great for this.) (The RPG requires you to just shoot down 1 aircraft.)
    Art of War:
    Get one kill by destroying a car with the weapon. Just like the Crossbow, I suggest sitting near a car and waiting for someone to stroll by it. (Slums, Overflow, and Raid all have lots of cars to be blown up.) (The FHJ - 18 requires you to shoot down two aircraft in rapid succession. Wait until there are 2 UAV's or a UAV or Counter UAV up and have some fun.)
    Ronin:
    Get 5 Double Kill Medals. Kill 2 enemies in rapid succession. (Triple and Quad Kills do not count towards it.) (I suggest Hardpoint or Domination.) (The FHJ - 18 requires you to shoot down 10 player controlled scorestreaks. Dragonfire, VTOL, etc.)
    Skulls:
    Destroy 1 Dragonfire with the weapon. Could be tricky, not a whole lot of people use the Dragonfire anymore, but shoot one down the first chance you get. (The FHJ -18 requires you to destroy an AGR with it, 2 shots will take it down.) (The RPG requires a Triple Kill)
    Gold:
    Complete all other camo unlocks. The same as before.
    Diamond: Get Gold on all the weapons in the class. (Once you complete the Gold unlock for the last weapon in the class, it will automatically unlock with the Gold camo.)

And there you go. All of these can be seen inside the Create-A-Class menu by pressing Triangle on PS3, Y on Xbox, and your Keyboard Shortcut on PC after selecting the weapon.

Tip:
    For the Cherry Blossom and Art of War camos, I suggest taking them on together. Remove both the attachments and Perks so you will only need 150 kills instead of 300. It saves time, but may prove to be a bit more challenging.

Most of the challenges are the same for the different classes, but yet different. I hope this helps you in some way. I did my best to explain in more detail what the challenges require and offer some tips.

If there are errors on some of them, let me know. I tried to condense it the best I could. Some weapons require different challenges to be completed in order to unlock them. If you happen to notice that, let me know. I'll fix it and credit you. =]

Thanks! =]
    Last edited by Legion; 12-26-2012 at 16:16.
    "Custos Veritatis Subversor Corruptionis"
    "Keeper of Truth, Destroyer of Corruption."

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredTagger Second Class500 Experience Points
    Level
    10 longshots required for my AR: SMR

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class5000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocialYour first Group
    Awards:
    Downloads
    Level

Re: Beginner's Guide to Unlocking Camo

Quote Originally Posted by VenserTheExiled View Post
    10 longshots required for my AR: SMR
    Yeah originally I was going to do individual weapons, but that would have been too much for me lol. I have yet to check out the SMR personally, but you would probably be the expert on that gun haha.
    I'll make a little side note, thanks V. =]

Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points3 months registered
    Level

On the launchers you have to shoot down 5 aircrafts in one game, shoot down a dragonfire. Get 10 impact kills. 5 double kills. I'll go in to greater detail when i get home tonight.

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points31 days registered
    Level

Awesome, i was wondering how i get the diamond on my guns. Thanks Dude, awesome guide btw. Keep up the good work

-almost got two guns gold

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads
    Level

Quote Originally Posted by SupeR WH1T3 View Post
    On the launchers you have to shoot down 5 aircrafts in one game, shoot down a dragonfire. Get 10 impact kills. 5 double kills. I'll go in to greater detail when i get home tonight.
    Thanks, I got most of it down, credited you. =]

Awesome, i was wondering how i get the diamond on my guns. Thanks Dude, awesome guide btw. Keep up the good work

-almost got two guns gold
    Thank you! Always up for helping people. =]

Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points3 months registered
    Level

Thanks anything i can help with I'll try

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Level

how long does it tske to get a gold weapon? i am not even close to prestieging and been playing like 2 weeks.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads
    Level

Quote Originally Posted by SykoFreek79 View Post
    how long does it tske to get a gold weapon? i am not even close to prestieging and been playing like 2 weeks.
    That all depends on which weapon you are using and how skilled you are. Each weapon has a requirement to meet before unlocking the other camos. For some it's headshots, others it's one hit kills, and a few you just have to kill a certain number of people or aircraft.

Camo and Weapon levels are on completely different stages. You don't need to max prestige your weapon to get the gold camo and you don't need gold camo to max prestige your weapon. So again, it all depends on which weapon and how good you are with it. Some people only spend a few hours playing with the weapon and manage to get all the camo, others spend days working on the weapon and still haven't made a dent in the challenges. Just check out how far along you are and do your best to complete everything. How long it takes is completely up to you.

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesTagger Second Class5000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Level

Really well laid out David, props man! Also props on getting the Diamond Camo on the Assault Shield....

BEASTLY!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast