Close
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By TangoZedOne
  • 1 Post By trancelot
Black Ops 2 Multiplayer Thread, Treyarch is out of Marshmallows. in Black Ops 2; I'm seeing a lot of fans on Facebook expressing concern about campers in Black Ops II. As a result I'm ...
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 64
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level

Treyarch is out of Marshmallows.

I'm seeing a lot of fans on Facebook expressing concern about campers in Black Ops II. As a result I'm inclined to believe they have been skimming articles and missing important points that would have assured them otherwise. The biggest of all things is that Ghost is neutralized when you are not on the move. I assume Treyarch has fail-saved this and just vibrating back in forth will not cancel this out. These guys are smart and have seen it all, they probably have a sort of radius counter in place that shows if you are not moving out of the same general area.

Secondly, people are worried the Target Finder and Millimeter Wave Scanner (MMS) sights will aid campers, with the latter allowing them to now corner camp through walls. David Vonderhaar reiterated today that the MMS will not work on moving targets. So if you are sprinting past a wall a camper is hiding behind, he won't be able to see you. Furthermore, if he can see you with either of these attachments you can do the same, but he may not be able to see you on the radar when you can certainly see him.

Thirdly, you will build up score streaks more affectively by playing the objective and working together with your team. If Mr. or Mrs. Camper are sitting in a corner with a Ballista going for there One Shot, One Kill Medals and their high level AGR, K-9, and Drone Swarm killstreaks they will be disadvantaged to you getting assists, capturing flags, and calling in UAVs to get even more assists. Also, Vahn stated medals (like OS,OK) only grant bonus XP, not bonuses for your score streaks. So they can get their precious headshots and oneshots but that won't get them their high level streaks any faster. Eventually when they have people throwing shock charges over walls and create a Combat Axe Montage out of their face thanks to their nicely painted mini-map location, they will realize that Treyarch is out of Marshmallows and there are just way too many Mosquitos this year.

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 96
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Awesomeness. That is very well put. I think you should copy that into the comments of all the whiney YouTube videos by F1ST and others...

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Overall activity: 76.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures1 year registered500 Experience Points
    Level

Re: Treyarch is out of Marshmallows.

I'm saddened that Treyarch is out of marshmallows, for I absolutely love them...especially on a peanut butter sandwich.

And as far as camping is concerned: I recently purchased stock in Bass Pro Shop, so I am disappointed that there will be a decline in camping (and the goods that such campers normally purchase).

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 64
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit11B View Post
    I'm saddened that Treyarch is out of marshmallows, for I absolutely love them...especially on a peanut butter sandwich.

And as far as camping is concerned: I recently purchased stock in Bass Pro Shop, so I am disappointed that there will be a decline in camping (and the goods that such campers normally purchase).
    Smartapples.

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Overall activity: 76.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures1 year registered500 Experience Points
    Level

Quote Originally Posted by TangoZedOne View Post
    Smartapples.
    Apples cannot be smart, they lack the ability and genetic code to allow for self-awareness and intelligence.

I see that you do not appreciate one's ability to metaphorically voice their opinion. I will try to appease you by being more direct from now on.

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 4.9%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered
    Level

Quote Originally Posted by TangoZedOne View Post
    I'm seeing a lot of fans on Facebook expressing concern about campers in Black Ops II. As a result I'm inclined to believe they have been skimming articles and missing important points that would have assured them otherwise. The biggest of all things is that Ghost is neutralized when you are not on the move. I assume Treyarch has fail-saved this and just vibrating back in forth will not cancel this out. These guys are smart and have seen it all, they probably have a sort of radius counter in place that shows if you are not moving out of the same general area.

Secondly, people are worried the Target Finder and Millimeter Wave Scanner (MMS) sights will aid campers, with the latter allowing them to now corner camp through walls. David Vonderhaar reiterated today that the MMS will not work on moving targets. So if you are sprinting past a wall a camper is hiding behind, he won't be able to see you. Furthermore, if he can see you with either of these attachments you can do the same, but he may not be able to see you on the radar when you can certainly see him.

Thirdly, you will build up score streaks more affectively by playing the objective and working together with your team. If Mr. or Mrs. Camper are sitting in a corner with a Ballista going for there One Shot, One Kill Medals and their high level AGR, K-9, and Drone Swarm killstreaks they will be disadvantaged to you getting assists, capturing flags, and calling in UAVs to get even more assists. Also, Vahn stated medals (like OS,OK) only grant bonus XP, not bonuses for your score streaks. So they can get their precious headshots and oneshots but that won't get them their high level streaks any faster. Eventually when they have people throwing shock charges over walls and create a Combat Axe Montage out of their face thanks to their nicely painted mini-map location, they will realize that Treyarch is out of Marshmallows and there are just way too many Mosquitos this year.
    Black Ops II fixes nearly every Issue Call Of Duty has had for the past few years. I hate how people say Trey-Arch isn't listening but clearly they are.

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points
    A huge, flat state. Rhymes with Dorth Nakota...
    Level

If they fix that, great. I for one am not a fan of a corner camper, but everyone defines camping differently. Taking away players' abilities to remain hidden from radar won't stop them. They will only become more efficient at not remaining in the same corner when you come back for the revenge kill, and setting you up for the next shot in the back. People don't seem to want to take the chance to play Rambo. Scared of fictional bullets. More concerned with K/D than actually enjoying competition. Be the better player and earn your kills and streaks. There are many issues that need to be addressed, such as the lag compensation. Stop it. Some of us pay good money for an internet service that doesn't completely blow, and it's rendered useless. MW3 has at times a good second of lag, just because someone in the room can't afford the bill. We have all taken that shot, sights dead on, and nothing happens but a quick death for you. I see a problem with that kind of logic.

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points
    A huge, flat state. Rhymes with Dorth Nakota...
    Level

Among other things, one thing that really makes no sense to me, is the split-screen capabilities. Why is it, that a person with no actual rank, no stats, nothing, has an effect on mine? Does anyone else see a problem with that? If they want the split-screen set-up to continue, here's an idea; give them their own lobbies. There are enough of them. Essentially, open private matches. The idea of the Community playlists is cool, but again, they should not actually count for anything. Just good fun. It's not fun when people just boost for M.O.A.B.s or find the easiest place to hide away from someone who only has a knife. Come on....

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Overall activity: 8.4%
    Level

Quote Originally Posted by pro_tryist View Post
    If they fix that, great. I for one am not a fan of a corner camper, but everyone defines camping differently. Taking away players' abilities to remain hidden from radar won't stop them. They will only become more efficient at not remaining in the same corner when you come back for the revenge kill, and setting you up for the next shot in the back. People don't seem to want to take the chance to play Rambo. Scared of fictional bullets. More concerned with K/D than actually enjoying competition. Be the better player and earn your kills and streaks. There are many issues that need to be addressed, such as the lag compensation. Stop it. Some of us pay good money for an internet service that doesn't completely blow, and it's rendered useless. MW3 has at times a good second of lag, just because someone in the room can't afford the bill. We have all taken that shot, sights dead on, and nothing happens but a quick death for you. I see a problem with that kind of logic.
    With a p2p system lag compensation is absolutely needed, not th the extent of MW3 though. If you don't have lag compensation in a p2p based lobby system then the host gets an enormous advantage over the other players in the lobby. The artificial lag is supposed to mimic that of the other players in the lobby, to make for an equal playing field. It was tuned extremely poorly in MW3 though, nobody seemed to know lag compensation existed in past COD games. Now on the subject of players with a bad connection, you really shouldn't assume they are poor or too cheap to pay for good service. There are many players, myself included who live in rural areas with limited options. What happens when you have these limited options? The prices skyrocket because the ISP knows you have no other options. I get a steady 1-2Mbps connection with 100-120ping and a 25GB monthly data cap. If I lived in the closest town I could be paying $20 LESS a month for 6 times the speeds and no cap or $10 less a month with 15 times the speed and no cap. So next time you see a player with a 2-3 bar connection before you complain think about the fact that they may very well be paying more for their services than you do, simply due to location. Also on the subject of split screen players I gotta agree with you 100% they should have separate lobbies for split screen players. Even on 360 where both players can have different accounts and not a temp one.