Published on January 21st, 2011 | by CodCom
A Month Later, Black Ops Patch 1.05 For The PC
While Treyarch is working on patch 1.06 for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, the PC version of Black Ops was running on patch 1.04. That is, until now. January 20th (21st for some) marks the day that the PC version of Black Ops gets patch 1.05.
Patch 1.05 will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. There aren’t too many changes with patch 1.05, but the change PC users would like to know more about are the “various stability improvements” Treyarch talks about. It’s no secret that the PlayStation 3 and the PC versions of Black Ops are coping with connection issues. So my question is, will these “various stability improvements” actually work. I know most of you haven’t forgotten about patch 1.04 for the PlayStation 3 and the “connectivity issues’ it was supposed to solve.
Anyway, these are the changes you can expect with patch 1.05 for the PC:
- MP Audio stuttering on certain systems.
- Playercards sometimes not showing properly.
- Added three Private Match Server Settings: Team Change, Team-Up Period, and Keep Balanced Teams.
- Added Alternate Color Scheme for accessibility: Settings / Multiplayer / Player Name Indicator.
- Changed Team-Up Period countdown interval to 10 seconds.
- Combat Training sessions are no longer counted in Server Browser Unranked tab.
- Friends on your team will now show as blue on your minimap.
- Prevention of various exploits.
- Objective markers localized for all languages.
- Various stability improvements
Besides the list of what has changed with patch 1.05, here is a list of things that will change with patch 1.06 and beyond:
- SP Audio stuttering on certain systems.
- Addition of new contracts.
- Addition of the “Dolly Cam” editing mode in Theater.
- If a player cancels an invite to a Wager Match, then attempts to join another server, they will join the server from the declined invite.
- Issue where the incorrect perks would appear when spectating another player under certain conditions.
- Addition of round start explosive delay to China Lake grenade launcher to give it the same “spawn toob” protection as other explosives.
- Ensure reticle purchases are reset on prestige in all circumstances.
- Contracts should reset on prestige.
- Prevention of Valkyrie rocket exploding upon release under rare conditions.
- Prevention of Gunship and Chopper Gunner failing to give player full control under rare conditions.
- Prevention of an issue where a player will get teleported outside the map boundaries under very specific conditions.
- Limit the ability to re-roll supply drops using Hardline Pro to Care Packages only, no other killstreak drops.
- Increased headshot multipliers for sniper rifles. Sniper rifles with suppressors equipped will now always be ensured one-shot kill headshots.
- Added a render delay to the red diamond player indicators that appear when controlling the Gunship, Valkyrie Rocket and Chopper Gunner. When a player first spawns, this will not appear for a period of time.
- Additional minor reductions in knife lunge.
For those looking for Josh Olin’s tweet, here it is:
Once again, promises by Treyarch are nice, but we’re really curious about whether patch 1.05 will really improve the game’s stability. If you’ve tried the patch and seen any differences, please comment below.