Published on November 11th, 2010 | by CodCom
Call of Duty: Black Ops – My Theater
Ever wondered how the “My Theater” works? Or have you even heard of it?
My Theater is a service Activision provides for their users. And according to Activision This is what My Theater is and does: “My Theater, your personal media center for Call of Duty: Black Ops. Upload video clips and screenshots from your in-game matches. Download screenshots to your personal desktop, and watch videos in My Theater or on YouTube.” To get access to your “My Theater” visit http://www.callofduty.com/theater
How My Theater Works
- In Call of Duty: Black Ops, open MULTIPLAYER > XBOX LIVE / PSN > THEATER.
- Open MY RECENT GAMES to access files of your in-game matches.
- Select the film from which you would like to record a video clip segement or capture a screenshot and choose SELECT FOR PLAYBACK
- After you have found an image you would like to capture, select the SCREENSHOToption.
- SAVE the screenshot and create the TITLE, DESCRIPTION, and TAG.
- Select a slot in MY FILE SHARE to save the screenshot.
- The screenshot will immediately transfer to 1 of the 6 slots in MY THEATER in www.callofduty.com.
- View the screenshots directly from MY THEATER, or DOWNLOAD them directly to your personal desktop.
NOTE: Your 6 most recent screenshots will appear in MY THEATER. After you have filled the 6 slots, a new screenshot will automatically replace the oldest screenshot.
NOTE: We recommend that you DOWNLOAD your favorite screenshots to your computer before capturing new images in Call of Duty: Black Ops.
- Find a segment you would like to capture, and select the RECORD option.
- Once you have reached the end of your segment, select RECORD again to stop.
NOTE: Segments can be no longer than 30 seconds.
- Select NAME SEGMENT > UPLOAD CLIP, then create the TITLE, DESCRIPTION,and TAG for the video clip
- Select a slot in MY FILE SHARE to save the video clip.
- Go to MY FILE SHARE and select the video clip.
- Choose the SELECT FOR PLAYBACK option. That video clip will now be available to render.
- From the Call of Duty: Black Ops THEATER, select RENDER CLIP.
- After the video clip plays through, it will be uploaded to MY THEATER.
- Watch the video clip in My Theater or on YouTube.
NOTE: We recommend that you link your YouTube account. If you do not, your video will not be saved and may be deleted over time.
Personally, I think the idea of a “My Theater” is nice. If gives players without a capture card a way to take screenshots and upload their videos. The only thing which bothers me is, 30 second segments. Really?
If you have a match in which something funny or unusual happens, 30 seconds should be more than enough. But what about the people who want to upload complete matches? Is there any other way than uploading 30 second segments at a time? I would like the option to upload complete matches, but I know that’s wishful thinking.
What are your thoughts about the “My Theater” functionality/service? We would like to hear what you think about it.