Published on December 27th, 2010 | by GOODKyle
Black Ops Players Need Some Sun
Go ahead and estimate how much time Black Ops players have spent online (combined consoles). There is no way it could be close to 500,000,000 (500 million) hours could it? Well if you said no, you’d be right. It is, in fact, closer to 600 million hours!
It seems like the title of this article cannot do this staggering statistic justice. I don’t know if this spells certain doom for our future but I can say one thing for certain…VIDEO GAMES ARE FUN! Whether sad or pathetic or both, people seem to love the latest Call of Duty iteration.
The total number of registered Call of Duty: Black Ops players:
- Is greater than the audiences that watched Jay Leno, David Letterman, Jimmy Fallon, Jimmy Kimmel, Conan O’Brien and Craig Ferguson in the U.S. for the entire week of December 6, 2010, combined.
- Exceeds the audience for the series finale of ABC’s Lost.
- Trumps the average viewership for the 2010 Major League Baseball World Series.
- Exceeds the combined audited circulation numbers for Entertainment Weekly, Rolling Stone, Playboy, GQ, Maxim, Newsweek, Time, ESPN The Magazine and Sports Illustrated.
- Would be the third largest state in the U.S
[via Everything For Gamers]