Published on December 14th, 2010 | by GOODKyle
Black Ops Patch Update 1.04
Finally the update that will, supposedly, fix all the technical problems we have seen will make its appearance. The drawback is that only the PS3 & 360 will see the first scheduled patch. Each console has different problems persisting and had to be “dealt with separately” says Treyarch. The PS3/360 patch went live at 5AM EST / 2AM PST. The PC patch should also be arriving this week.
Only time will tell if these patches make the already thrilling experience that much smoother. For everyone’s sake, let’s hope it does. The infamous connection interrupted problem on the PS3 has many throwing their controllers at their television sets.
- Resolved several issues with parties getting disbanded unexpectedly.
- Additional measures to prevent the “Transmission error” and other disconnects. This was most likely to occur with large parties where party members had mixed NAT types. (PS3 only)
- Addressed an issue with VOIP icons not appearing when USB headsets were plugged in prior to game launch. (PS3 only)
- Updated handling for UPnP-enabled routers to improve matchmaking conditions where users had strict or moderate NAT types. Also added in-game communications so that all players are aware of their NAT type in the Player Match party lobby.
- Addressed issue that prevented the “Load MP by Default” option from saving when other specific option combinations were set. (Xbox 360 only)
- Prevention of exploit that allowed players to keep custom classes and killstreaks after prestige.
- Addressed an issue where Flak Jacket Pro would not always protect against ground fires left by Napalm Strikes.
- Prevention of users losing their killstreak reward when switching classes at the start of a new round in round-based game modes.
- Addressed an issue where the incorrect perks would appear when spectating another player under certain circumstances.
- Added round start explosive delay to China Lake grenade launcher to give it the same round start limitations as other explosives.
- Contracts will now reset when the player Prestiges.
- Prevention of Valkyrie rocket exploding upon release under rare conditions.
- Prevention of Gunship failing to give player full control under rare conditions.
- Prevention of an issue where a player will get teleported outside the map boundaries under very specific circumstances.
- Additional security measures to enhance detection and banning capabilities.
- Limit the ability to re-roll supply drops using Hardline Pro to Care Packages only, no other killstreak drops.
- Added a negative influencer to all spawn points to decrease the chances of spawning near an enemy. This will further improve spawning protection on top of previous updates.
- Additional sound mix tuning for Ninja Pro users – increased ranges and volume of enemy footsteps, and removed player footstep sounds on concrete material types.
- Increased headshot multipliers for sniper rifles. Sniper rifles with suppressors equipped will now always be ensured one-shot kill headshots.
- Subtle increase in sniper rifle accuracy when scoping in.
- Added a render delay to the red diamond player indicators that appear when controlling the Gunship, Valkyrie Rocket and Chopper Gunner.
- When a player first spawns, this will not appear for a period of time.
- Additional minor reductions in knife lunge.
Update: PS3 users experiencing more issues with their connection, there might be a fix for you. Please read this article for detailed information: Possible Fix For The Black Ops 1.04 Patch (PS3)