Published on May 31st, 2011 | by CodCom
Black Ops Patch 1.09 Live on PS3
While the Modern Warfare 3 hype train is out of control with the recent news of its integration with Call of Duty Elite, Treyarch quietly released patch 1.09 for Black Ops. I know what you’re thinking. You’re thinking “what happened to patch 1.08?”. Treyarch decided to skip patch 1.08 for the PS3 and include all of those updates in patch 1.09. Patch 1.08 being skipped doesn’t come as a shocker since the PlayStation Network was out of service for over a month.
These are the complete patch notes:
- Support for Escalation Map Pack
- Security Updates.
- Addition of banner-style Message of the Day on the MP Main Menu.
- Addition of Hardcore FFA and TDM for Combat Training.
- Additional sniper rifle tuning changes.
- Addition of “Competition” Barebones playlist.
- Replaced RPG with Grim Reaper in Gun Game Wager Match.
- Prevent automatic weapons from jamming if the player is feathering the fire button on “Default Alt”, “Tactical Flipped” or “Nom4d Flipped”.
- Fine-tuned napalm and bombing-run damage indoors.
- Prevented rare invulnerability issue.
- Additional game mode timer options for Custom Games.
- Fixed a minor out of map exploit in Grid.
- General Killcam and death-cam improvements.
- Improved Auto-Assign reliability in Private Match.
- Addressed an infinite “joining session in progress” screen under very specific timing conditions.
- Demolition bombs can no longer explode and be defused at the same time.
- Spy play now activates in One in the Chamber in all cases.
- The “Sprint Kills” challenge for Steady Aim perk now rewards the player with the correct number of kills.
- Contracts purchased but not yet expired no longer count as expired when viewing a friend’s player card.
- Addressed a rare issue where a hacked camera spike would not function properly if the hacker also had a camera spike that was destroyed.
- Recording a clip with the speed mode for 2 cameras set to .1 will no longer increase in speed when switching perspectives back and forth.
- Improvements to Zipline functionality when viewed in Theater mode.
- Settings from custom games are all cleared and no longer carry over from one custom match to another.
- Improvements to map voting reliability in lobbies.
- Nova gas will now affect players that are standing over their tactical insertion.
- Hardcore players who kill another teammate in Second Chance now lose the proper amount of points.
- Players can no longer transfer emblems/backgrounds from Combat Training to Player Match.
- Player is no longer able to use a primary weapon in Second Chance (rare, specific instance).
- Improvements to “Community” filters.