Published on March 3rd, 2011 | by CodCom
Black Ops Patch 1.07 Live on PS3
It was announced before and like clockwork Black Ops patch 1.07 went live on the PS3 as the First Strike Map Pack was available on the PSN.
The patch notes for the PS3 look almost similar to the Xbox 360 patch notes. Except for the obvious fact that there now is an in-game store. The full patch notes look like this (via)
- Added the in-game store.
- Setting party privacy to “closed” now fully functions as intended.
- Improved connectivity in matches containing multiple online split screen parties.
- Calling in a Chopper Gunner immediately after getting shot down in a Gunship will no longer end the Chopper Gunner run prematurely. Required timing-specific button presses.
- Split screen players are now able to change camera perspectives and cycle through players as a spectator.
- Fixed rare infinite load for clients with slow connections who join on a friend at the end of a match as the final killcam is ending.
- The name of a copied custom class no longer reverts back to the default after changing it.
- Fixed a rare issue where gun sight lenses could appear opaque.
- Addressed an issue where the most recent match played in Zombies could overwrite the best match played on the leaderboard.
- Improved Zombies lobbies to prevent players from erroneously receiving the error “Unable to join game session” under certain circumstances.
- Fixed rare infinite load that could occur in Zombies involving split screen parties accepting an invite into a Private Match.
- Addressed a number of community-discovered Zombies gameplay exploits.
- Additional security feature updates.
- Additional sniper rifle tuning
It is still unknown what the “Additional sniper rifle tuning” is, but seeing as Treyarch doesn’t go into details here, the changes shouldn’t be gamebreaking.
This should be a good weekend for Black Ops players. The PS3 users get to play the new maps from the First Strike Map Pack, both the PS3 and Xbox 360 users get to play a patched game (1.07) and every platform will have a double XP weekend. I’m not complaining.