Published on February 8th, 2011 | by CodCom
Black Ops Patch 1.06 Live on PC
I’m getting a feeling the PC version is Black Ops is slowly catching up with the patches. It was only 18 days ago when the PC version of Black Ops patched to 1.05. Between patch 1.05 and 1.06 there even was a stability patch.
If you’re wondering who’s Twitter account that it, let me help you out. It’s Cesar Stastny’s, PC Lead Call of Duty: Black Ops.
The patch notes look like this:
- Backward compatibility for films created before Patch 1.05
- Issues with weapon purchases after prestiging in some cases
- Leaving a server and joining a different server, could briefly show the Map of the previous server
- Duplicate player name on a server now becomes playername+slotnumber instead of ‘Unknown Soldier’
- During a ‘Demolition’ match, the ‘Auto-balancing teams’ options may cause a ‘Defender’ player to respawn with a ‘Bomb’ icon in his inventory
- Minor Shader Warming speed increase
- One In The Chamber no longer counts democlient as a live player
- 16x AA menu option for compatible graphics cards
- Additional Stability improvements
I’ve been hearing quite some complaints about the stability of Black Ops on the PC and I can only hope that the “Additional Stability improvements” actually work. Having all these adjustments if fine and dandy, but they’re no good if you too frustrated with the stability and connectivity issues.
What I would like to know is, does this patch improve the stability of Black Ops on the PC. Play some games and please let us know in the comment section below.