Published on December 22nd, 2010 | by CodCom
Black Ops Receives Patch 1.05 [PS3]
It looks like all the mess caused by patch 1.04 and the infinite complaining on the Call of Duty forums paid off.
Today (December 22nd) at 2PM PST the PS3 received another patch, 1.05. Needless to say, Treyarch once again claims that this patch will resolve the connectivity issues.
While resolving the connectivity issues is great, this patch has a lot more to offer. There has been a ton of complaints about the party system and once again Treyarch has made some adjustments to make the party system more reliable. Or what about the fact that Treyarch addressed the issue where the pre-game lobby would appear stuck on the countdown timer while waiting to balance teams? I’m sure you can remember my complaint about this before.
In that same rant post you will see that I address the freezes where you have to reset your PS3 because nothing will respond anymore. Well, it seems Treyarch is aware of this issue and they put it on the list of fixes in progress.
These are the full patch notes:
- Improved party reliability when leaving with party – an additional step in an ongoing series of party improvements continued in the next patch
- Improved UPnP functionality – further expands the game’s capability to open NATs on routers with universal plug and play enabled
- Enabled mute functionality in Playercards in the pre-game lobby
- Enabled kick functionality in party and private match lobbies
- Addressed an issue where the pre-game lobby would not always display properly when multiple players leave the lobby after a team split
- Addressed an issue where the pre-game lobby would appear stuck on the countdown timer while waiting to balance teams
This is a list of what’s in progress:
- Addressing a freeze that would occur in rare situations involving a combination of high player counts and many killstreaks / explosions occurring simultaneously in a concentrated area
- Further improvements to party reliability to address an issue where mixed NAT types connecting and disconnecting can cause players to drop in some situations
- Investigating “infinite loading screen” issue reported by some users
I have yet to play Black Ops with patch 1.05 applied, but it all sounds promising. If you’ve played Black Ops on the PS3 with patch 1.05 applied, could you share your experience with us?