Published on June 16th, 2011 | by The_Mack_Attack3
Black Ops Annihilation Map Pack Preview
Fans of Black Ops are in for a treat, recently Treyarch, the game’s developer, and Activision, its publisher announced the upcoming release of the map pack Annihilation that will be available for Xbox users on June 28th. It is not known if it was meant be announced this prematurely but with the release of leaked pictures across the web it seems they were pushed into doing so.
Annihilation is the third map pack soon to hit Black Ops and as with the earlier map packs it will contain four multiplayer maps and one zombie map.
- Hanger 18 : A medium sized map based in Area 51, all paths led in and around a central hanger.
- Silo : A Russian underground missile silo construction site, Treyarch stated this map is one of the biggest in the game.
- Drive-In : A small sized map for close quarter fighting, similar to Nuketown.
- Hazard : A large map focused on long range sniper game play, similar to World At War Cliff side map.
- Shangri-La : An exotic and mysterious map filled with deadly traps, dark secrets and innovative gameplay that will challenge even the most daring Zombie hunters.
As with previous map packs released for Black Ops a double XP weekend will coincide with it’s release beginning Friday, July 1st. The official press release didn’t include a price, but 1200 MS Points (£10.28) is the standard cost of Call of Duty map packs and this one will likely be no different. As for the release dates for the Playstation 3 and PC they have not yet being confirmed. Below is a video preview of the map pack released by Treyarch.
Some screenshots from Joystiq: